Welcome!

Please use the comments section to share challenges and triumphs in YOUR kitchen. See below to follow and subscribe so we can stay in touch.



Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Baby is TWO Today!

How did this even happen? I can remember with amazing clarity waking up at 2:30 in the morning wondering if these were contractions, or just indigestion. I remember heaving myself out of bed and coming downstairs to try and figure it out. I remember deciding it was "the real thing" and realizing I had to do some laundry, and dishes, and cleaning, and mopping, etc. I remember waking my husband up at 4:30 to let him know and telling him we had plenty of time (Mini #1 took her sweet time with 30+ hours of hard labor) and to go back to sleep. (Thank goodness he wasn't able to fall back to sleep.) I remember taking a shower to relax (a little too relaxing maybe) and calling my parents back again to tell them maybe there WAS a rush after all for them to come get Mini #1. Of course, how could I forget frantically packing the suitcase, which Pappa D promptly left at home, and the 90+mph trip to the hospital. I remember skipping the registration process and realizing the dreaded truth - too late for an epidural. No matter since Mini #2 arrived within minutes of making it into the delivery room, but still...

A couple of days later, we joyfully brought home our new family addition - a few hours after that we headed tearfully back to check her in for jaundice treatment. After that release we were home for good, thank God. I can hardly believe it has been two full years. Time surely does fly.





So today in my kitchen are all things toddler and celebratory. Breakfast was out with Grandma and Grandpa. Lunch was cotton candy at Summer Extravaganza Bonanza - gotta love Family Video for a timely celebration. (I know, BAD Mamma! but when was the last time you had FRESH cotton candy?)

Picswiss BS-55-16Image via Wikipedia

Dinner will be Pappa D grilling out skinless cheddar wieners from a local meat market. I'm also going to do some baked beans, so I'll let you know how those turn out. Yum! Grandma to the rescue with store bought mini bug birthday cakes (so cute! I'll take pics when they get here!!)

Overall, it's for the most part a day when Bizy Mamma gets the day OFF from her kitchen. If you ask me, that's fitting, since I had to do the hard work on this day two years ago.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Haha! How fun! There's something so charming about birth stories (especially when they involve mopping).

    My little one had to go in for the jaundice treatments, too. And then we had to bring home a bili light for him. To this day, his grandmother still calls him "Bili Boy." He LOVES that (at the age of 13).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I suspect more birth stories involve mopping than we realize. Gotta love that last minute mega-nesting instinct!

    Both my girls had severe jaundice and the first time around we only had to bring that blasted light home. The second time we ended up with #2 in one of those glass boxes at the hospital and then STILL had that darn light at home for a couple weeks.

    Glad to have that behind me. :)

    ReplyDelete